4 Surefire Tips for Hiring a Real Estate Expert
If you are thinking about buying or selling commercial real estate, it is essential that you find a qualified expert. Commercial real estate can be a complicated and confusing process for someone who does not know much about it. This is why you need expert assistance.
So, finding a commercial real estate expert in Sydney is easy, and the following is a breakdown of their numbers:
- The number of years in the industry for an average Sydney-based expert is 5-10 years
- Number of years the Sydney-based expert is present in the city: 3-5 years
- Number of projects completed by Sydney-based experts: 20-30 projects
- Value of projects completed by Sydney-based experts: $10 million – $20 million
1. Ask the Right Questions
- Ask about qualifications, experience and track record. What are their professional qualifications? How long have they been in business? What is their track record, and can they provide referrals?
- Make sure the real estate expert has access to all the latest technology. You want someone who is up-to-date on all the latest technologies for finding properties and marketing properties for sale or lease.
- Will they help you with financing options and advise you on approaching potential investors/partners when raising equity capital for your business needs?
2. Experience and Qualifications
You should ask about their experience level, especially if you are looking for someone specialising in commercial real estate.
You should also be sure to ask about their qualifications, as this will help you determine whether or not they have the right education and certifications to work on your project.
Moreover, it is important to find out where they went to school and which organisations they belong to so that you know what kind of training they received during their studies, as well as where they got certified with any professional credentials that were required by law at the time when these requirements were put into place (e.g., licenses).
3. Look for Someone Who Is a “People Person”
The first characteristic you should look for in an expert is that they are a “people person”. If your agent does not have the skill of negotiating on your behalf, then chances are that they will not be able to get the best deal for you. And if you’re selling, you should also look for an agent who knows how to market your property effectively to ensure it will sell quickly. Finally, ensure that you hire someone who can quickly find buyers for your property.
4. Local Zoning Ordinances and Permits
A good commercial real estate expert in Sydney will be well-versed in local zoning ordinances and permits. Some of these laws may include the following:
- The Fair Trading Act 1987 protects consumers from unfair business practices, such as false advertising and unconscionable conduct.
- The Property, Stock and Business Agents Act 2002 regulates the conduct of property, stock and business agents.
- The Conveyancing Act 1919 regulates the conveyancing process in NSW, including preparing contracts of sale and transferring title.
- The Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 provides for developing and assessing development proposals.
- The Strata Schemes Management Act 2015 – This act provides for the management of strata schemes.
- The Retail Leases Act 1994 regulates the granting and termination of retail leases.
This is important because zoning ordinances are local laws that control land use in a particular area. Zoning laws are designed to protect the health and safety of communities and ensure everyone knows what they can do with their property. It’s a complex process that requires a lot of expertise on behalf of the town or city council members who write these laws. And if you don’t know what things your property needs to be able to do legally, it would be helpful if your expert did because they want to help you find the right space for what you need without any issues later on down the line.
With these tips, you are well on hiring the best agent in town!